This National Building Contractor is looking for a 'real builder' to join their team of high performers. They are highly regarded throughout Australia for constructing an array of projects including but not limited to commercial, industrial, education, sports, retail and residential projects from $10M - $250M.
They build with flair and passion and as a result have gathered many industry awards and accolades. They have maintained an extremely loyal staff, faithful subcontractors who they work in partnership with and dependable clients who they build a lot of negotiated projects with. The culture is upbeat, social, down to earth and productive.
The position is for a General Foreman who is experienced in working on Design and Construct projects to at least $40M. If you have worked on projects in the $40M - $100M+ range then that would be superb.
For them there are some essential things that they are looking for:
• You must be from a carpentry trade background originally and worked your way up the system to Leading Hand, Foreman (m/f) and General Foreman.
• It is essential that you have a broad spectrum of experience working on different types of construction projects. They do not want someone who has only built commercial or only done residential.
• You must be 100% + focused on OH&S. There are no compromises for you in this area and you do not allow others in your team to give anything but 100% commitment to safety.
• As a rule you would spend 80% of your time on site and 20% in the office. Yes you need to keep up to paper work and administration but you are not a contract administrator - you are a builder!
• Your reputation with the subcontractors will be very good - they respect you, like working on your projects because everything is organised and they know that although you are relatively tough you are also very fair.
• The teams of site staff that have worked under you are always learning from you and you motivate others with your high energy levels. Even when things go wrong you don't tend to scream and shout - you are calm and work through things to find a solution.
• Technically you are have very strong construction knowledge, a keen eye for detail and are very commercially aware.
When you build a building you want to create something that you can be very proud of. This company will look after you and treat you with respect. They have a really solid track record of retaining talent within the team and if you are the real deal you can expect to have a long and healthy career with this company who will reward you both financially and in terms of ensuring your career always remains challenging and engages you. It is a win / win situation.